Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Last Supper(s)

I passed another inspired sand sculpture the other day. "Sand Bar" (click here) is a three-person effort, with most of the creative work done by one person in particular. I found him the other day working further along the beach on an independent work called "La Ultima Cena" (The Last Supper). And that reminded me of a couple of other "Last Suppers" — before we left Sevilla.

THE LAST SUPPER ON THE BEACH. NOT QUITE READY...
... THE CHEF AND SOME DISCIPLES.
CLICK ON ANY OF THE THREE ABOVE PHOTOS TO SUPERSIZE YOUR MEAL.

THE LAST SUPPER AT "DOS DE MAYO" BEFORE LEAVING SEVILLA.
MANAGER PACO WITH SAN GERALDO
THE LAST SUPPER AT "CATALINA CASA DE COMIDAS Y MÁS" BEFORE LEAVING SEVILLA.
(I'M RETIRING THOSE GLASSES. THEY LOOKED MUCH BETTER WITH A SUIT AND TIE.)
WASHING MY FEET IN THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA.
(I'M SURE THE BIBLE SAYS YOU HAVE TO DO THAT BEFORE YOU EAT.)
I'LL TAKE MINE ON THE ROCKS.
SAN GERALDO IN FUENGIROLA ... BEFORE SUPPER.

14 comments:

  1. Some good/sad memories of leaving friends (until the next visit) and good/happy visions of wonderful new things to come - along with new friends. San Geraldo and you both look great!

    The sand sculptures are incredible! All that work, and such fine detail. Too bad his medium isn't something a little more permanent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo:
      I'm looking forward to going back for a visit. But we've got good friends coming down to the beach this weekend, so we'll get to spend time with them. More sand sculptures to share. Constantly changing.

      Delete
  2. Great pics of everyone! ANd wow, what a sand sculpture. I could not bear having my art wash away after doing all that work.

    I always take pics of my bare feet in the sea. I miss living near the ocean! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knatolee:
      I haven't lived near the ocean since I left my parents'. It's my favorite spot, so this is really amazing for me.

      Delete
  3. You had some great times in Seville, from what I've read, and I'm sure new adventures are on their way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen:
      And the first few months in Sevilla were a bit lonely, so we're looking forward to really connecting here. We've already become acquainted with some great people.

      Delete
  4. Those sand sculptures are incredible. And walking along the beach... splashing in the Mediterranean ... makes we wish we' we'd stayed a while longer. Is that the restaurant where we ate (where the Saint waited or us inside?) That desert sure looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon:
      I just watched someone go for a swim! Air temperature and water temperature are right around 62F. You won't catch me going beyond the knees right now!

      Yes, that's Dos de Mayo, which was downstairs from our apartment. Wasn't that the place where you ate most of one platter before anyone else had a chance?

      We had never had dessert there. Paco bought us dessert and drinks that night.

      Delete
  5. The sand sculptures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bathing in the Mediterranean Sea is on my bucket list - to have my toes touch the sea of Poseidan and where the Greeks swam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spo:
      I've heard some Greeks (even old ones) have swum right here in this part of the Mediterranean Sea!

      Delete
  7. I never understood the logic of washing one's feet before a meal...I don't eat with my feet...few people do.

    saludos,
    raulito

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raulito:
      Hell, I haven't even mastered using my hands!

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!