Thursday, November 27, 2014

The Sun's In My Heart

Today was a glorious day. Although, San Geraldo doesn't agree. He and I had an appointment at the bank this morning and then stopped at Cafe Manila for coffee and a visit with some of our favorite people.

It rained overnight, heavily at times, and was raining lightly when we made our way to the bank. The rain was a little steadier when we left the bank a half hour later. We arrived on the terrace (the covered terrace) at Cafe Manila just as a downpour began.

The mostly English patrons turned their chairs to face the seaside. I was told that's what English people do in England — sit in rows and stare at the sea. Or maybe they sit in rows and stare at the rain. As one man came in, he muttered, "Och! Tis lik Scootlund in Augist!"

Sae noo, click ony photie fur th' muckle picture...
Oh, sorry! So now, click any image for the big picture.

WET FACES (AND FEET) ON THE FRONTLINE.




OF COURSE SOME HARDCORE STICK-WALKERS WERE STILL AT IT.

Tynan snapped pictures of me as I snapped pictures.



No matter what San Geraldo says about the rain, from where I stand or sit, the sun is shining all over the place. Besides, he and I sang all the way home.

17 comments:

  1. PERFECT! Nothing better than a 'good hard rain' to clear out all the bad stuff!! Don't ask.
    I like the sound of the rain too.....shall we dance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mitchell, rainy day can be perfect and interesting too. I admire stick walkers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never sleep better than when rain is dancing on the roof! (And that song is going to be stuck in my head all night now!)
    We did turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, homemade cranberry relish and turtle pie on Monday... yep, all homemade.... but today we're doing prime rib roast marinaded overnight in red wine, olive oil, rosemary and garlic... roast tatties, a Great Scot specialty, roasted parmesan asparagus, and chocolate/raspberry cheesecake.You and San G are welcome to drop by any time. =)

    You know what I'm thankful for? That's right, my tall friend, YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacqueline:
      And you know I'm grateful for you! Are there still leftovers? The heck with the healthy-ish stuff. I want turtle pie and cheesecake!

      Delete
  4. I love to sit and watch the rain. I am not sure whether to blame/credit my Welsh forebears or my early years in a drought-plagued Texas!
    I wonder if those four bears were Welsh at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael:
      I'm pretty sure the three bears weren't Welsh, as for your four bears...

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Judy:
      Thanks! Jerry made mashed potatoes with dinner last night. THAT was our Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  6. I find warm rain rather pleasant to be out in without protection, but we're most likely to have done with that for this year as our temps are due to take a dive in a couple of days time. I suppose it must still be agreeably tepid in your environs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray:
      While it rained yesterday, the temps were balmy. Not a problem. Today was a bit more chilly --- ONLY 15C right now at 9:45 p.m. Winter coats, scarves... It's supposed to rain all weekend with a high of 17C. You'd be in a T-shirt.

      Delete
  7. I have always wondered about the British who take a holiday to the Lake District where they sit bundled up on a cold, dreary beach and stare out at the sea. I just don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Sparrow:
      I suppose you take what you can get. I remember going to Scarborough one summer and sitting on the beach with men in suits and ties ... and shoes and socks!

      Delete
  8. I'd probably be one of those sitting inside looking at the rain. As long as I stayed dry ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob:
      I love getting drenched in a warm rain... But it was more fun with hair. Now the rain immediately runs down my face and directly into my eyes.

      Delete
  9. When it rains here in Arizona it is an 'event' and people stop to look out and watch it like a parade.

    ReplyDelete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!