Thursday, October 22, 2015

Great Balls Of Fire

I woke up to a magical glowing palm tree this morning on our beach here in Los Boliches. And when I looked below the palm, I noticed some more magic. A castle. I wondered if there were a bunch of little people running around inside, but I was too lazy to go for a closer look.

(Click the images. You don't have to go far for a closer look either.)






I'll bet you were expecting Jerry Lee Lewis. 
Goodness, gracious, not this time. 
This is among the repertoire I used to entertain The Kid Brother on road trips. I still do command performances. (He commands; I perform.)
Nothing but high-brow here.

13 comments:

  1. OMG! I haven't thought of Snuffy Smith in decades. As a kid, I had the vague idea I was related to him, though. Not because of the name but because I had relatives who ... well, anyway, I thought he was one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael:
      Well, it never crossed my mind that Snuffy, Weezie (sp) or even Barney Google were relations of mine. But I DO know the theme song by heart.

      Delete
  2. mitchell great landscape you live in a perfect place of our planet. Love from Poland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just maybe that palm was a GIANT one and that is a life-sized castle, Mitchell.
    Whatever it is, those are wonderful shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      It is a giant palm. The tide came in and I saw a whole bunch of people out in tiny life boats.

      Delete
  4. Snuffy Smith? WOW! Haven't thought of him in years. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen:
      I was never a fan of Snuffy Smith, but I did endure it for the Kid Brother.

      Delete
  5. I have to join in with the others who hadn't thought of Snuffy Smith in decades!

    There were tiny people inhabiting the castle, I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacqueline:
      There WERE tiny people. They would have partied all day if the tide hadn't come in.

      Delete
  6. I can feel the sun on my face just looking at the pictures.

    I need a beach getaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob:
      And sometimes I need to be slapped upside the head and reminded that my LIFE is a beach getaway.

      Delete
  7. How fortunate you are to see continual sunsets. I think it must do more good than anything else to close the day.

    ReplyDelete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!