Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Is Forever Enough? / ¿Es Bastante Para Siempre?

La versión español está después de la versión inglés.

TODAY IS OUR 36th anniversary. San Geraldo refers to the years before we met as "BM" (Before Mitchell). I don't have a name for those years. All I know is I'm glad to have lived many more years with San Geraldo than without him. We've both changed a lot in 36 years.

"Before Mitchell," San Geraldo was very "friendly."

An old acquaintance was recently in town.

"How do you know him?" we were asked by friends.

"Oh, he was someone I dated 'Before Mitchell,'" said San Geraldo.

"Yeah," I explained, "If getting kicked out of a London hotel for having an unregistered guest qualifies as dating."

I'm really glad that, under my loving care, San Geraldo learned how to be less friendly.

HOY ES NUESTRO trigésimo sexto (¡¡¡un nuevo numero en español para mi!!!) aniversario. San Geraldo se refiere a los años antes de conocernos como "BM" (Antes de Mitchell).  No tengo un nombre para esos años. Todo lo que sé es que me alegro de haber vivido muchos años más con San Geraldo que sin él. Ambos hemos cambiado mucho en 36 años.

Antes de Mitchell, San Geraldo era muy "amable".

Un viejo conocido estaba recientemente aquí para una visita.

"¿Cómo lo sabes?" nos preguntaron por amigos.

"Oh, era alguien con quien estaba saliendo 'Antes de Mitchell,'" dijo San Geraldo.

"Sí," le expliqué," si ser expulsado de un hotel de Londres por tener un huésped no registrado califica como 'saliendo' ".

Estoy muy contento que, con mi cariño, San Geraldo aprendí a ser menos "amable".

SAN GERALDO, BM (BEFORE MITCHELL). BEING FRIENDLY.
SAN GERALDO, BM (ANTES DE MITCHELL). ESTABA SIENDO AMABLE.
SEATTLE, MAY 1982. NINE MONTHS AFTER WE MET. STILL NOT TOTALLY HOUSE-BROKEN.
SEATTLE, MAYO DE 1982. NUEVE MESES DESPUÉS DE CONOCERNOS. AÚN NO TOTALMENTE DOMESTICADO.

This song to me has always been about San Geraldo. They definitely didn't have him where I come from.
Esta canción para mí siempre ha sido sobre San Geraldo. Definitivamente no lo tenían de donde yo vengo.

35 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Travel:
      For me, HAIR in 1982. Jerry still has his.

      Delete
  2. whoa - 36 years????? amazeballs! and how you two have changed! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anne marie;
      Oh, god, have we changed! I like myself better now (and, actually, Jerry, too). But I have to admit, I still miss my hair.

      Delete
  3. 'Hair days'!! Those were the days!! lol
    Hey guys, all the best on this special day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      Thanks! Jerry could let his hair grow and still do that do. I, could do the do on sides and back. if I wore a hat, no one would even know!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Mitchell and Jerry, May you have 36 more. Gorgeous hair you two had in 1982.
    Take care.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin:
      Oh, the hair. Although I don't mind my bald look, I really do miss my hair! An option would be nice.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on 36 years. You both are very fortunate. Wishing you health, happiness and straight teeth for years to come!

    The "Ten Percent Review" which celebrates much of gay life before "liberation" does a favorite of mine - a song called the "Wedding Song": "We had no wedding...no matrimony...when we fell in love we hid it...we mark our anniversary from the night we first did it." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxSd4gCxHOo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frank:
      The video no longer exists! I tried searching on Youtube and got nothing. I'm on a quest.

      Delete
  6. Happy anniversary, that's more time than I've even been alive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam:
      Oh, shut up! No, really, thanks... but oh shut up!

      Delete
  7. Happy Anniversary you two love bird Cousins!
    .. I always said Mitchell has the best relationship out of all of us !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on 36 years!!!!!!!!!! You give me hope and inspiration. but seriously.... years before we met as "BM"!!!! Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!! He is a silly bird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mistress maddie:
      Yeah, I'm probably should have explained what BM stands for to my Spanish readers.

      Delete
  9. Happy Anniversary! I love those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Not totally house-broken". ;-) Congratulations! You still make a fine pair, after all those years. Dennis and I are one year behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your achievement and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogoratti:
      I celebrate every day... well, most days.

      Delete
  12. Happy Anniversary. Thirty-six years together is quite an achievement for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That shirt of Jerry's is so cool-80s, with that Devo-like side zipper/button thing. '82 was a big year for me, too-- it was when I lived in Paris. It was a big year for Walt (WCS), too, because it's when HE lived in Paris, too, and met his now-husband. Great year! And very stylish :)

    The video link said it was restricted.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy:
      Oh, Jerry and I used to be very cool and trendy.

      Delete
  14. Hmm, I wonder why you don't refer to the years before you met Jerry as the BJ years...😂

    Sorry for such naughtiness. A bit.

    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rozzie:
      Amazingly, the BJ years never ever crossed my mind. You're so clever! But, hmmm, maybe the BJ years came AFTER I met Jerry.

      Delete
  15. Congratulations guys, many years to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kirk:
    Thanks. Always good to see your name!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you guys were having a blast and a half as I sometimes say. Is SG a ventriloquist in training perhaps? LOL
    All the best you 2 nutballs!!
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron:
      Thanks! From one pair of nutballs to another!

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!