Friday, May 9, 2014

Behind The Curtain

In case you've forgotten (I haven't), Dudo and Moose (but especially Dudo) believe that "bathroom time" is play time. (Click here for that story.) Finally tiring of the standard household game in which I swing, twirl, and drag the string and the cats attack it, the always inventive Dudo now prefers to place a toy on one side of the shower curtain and then attack from the other side. So far, the shower curtain is still in one piece.

The game is much better, of course, if I participate. Sometimes Dudo will drop a toy at my feet, walk into the shower... and then wait. If I don't notice the toy and I therefore don't tease him with it soon enough, he walks out of the shower, around the curtain, mews at me once... and taps me on the leg. He then goes back behind the curtain.

Today, when I got home from morning coffee (San Geraldo had gone on to his Spanish class), I decided to clean that small bathroom, which normally takes no time at all. Dudo watched me intently as I collected the cleaning supplies. When I headed for the bathroom, he streaked ahead of me. I then saw he had a different plan.

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN CAT BEHIND THE CURTAIN!
(CLICK AND  DUDO WILL GROW GREAT AND POWERFUL.)

Dudo is possibly more adorable than the man behind the curtain in the below video (but he's certainly no less bossy).

26 comments:

  1. Before I got to the end of the blog I started singing "The Green Door"... and changed it to Who's behind the Green Eyes when I saw Dudo. What a character he is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon:
      Now I've got to listen to both those songs!

      Delete
  2. Wow , the man behind the curtain is so lovely. Your cat is so nice you must lend me it because my dog loves cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia:
      Does he love cats as friends or as food?

      Delete
  3. @Dudo...
    peek-a-boo...I see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheree:
      As Dudo would say, "Then play with me, dammit!"

      Delete
  4. I love those pictures of Aunt Marion and Cousin Chuckie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheree:
      Aren't they great?! Those were form our last visit, about 6 months ago.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE this! What a sweetie Dudo is! And so smart too!
    You are very easilt trained I see, Mitchell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      Yes, I'm very easily trained.Towels belong on the floor. Upholstery is for clawing. Counters are for walking. I've learned so much.

      Delete
  6. His green eyes are glowing in quite an eerie fashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen:
      The bathroom light was off and I didn't want him to move, which he might have done had I turned it on. So I used the flash. I love the effect.

      Delete
  7. You've been letting him watch too much TV - he thought he was trying out for Psycho...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheapchick:
      Fortunately, he's always sweet... except to Moose, whom he sometimes bullies. (But Moose DOES get him back.)

      Delete
  8. I also NEVER get a moment of peace in the bathroom,
    even if I close the door....
    You know, once you've watched the "man behind the curtain",
    there are video suggestions and one is about epic fail marriage proposals...
    Too funny!!
    I don't believe in marriage, so...
    Yeah, funny, for me!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TICKLEBEAR:
      Thanks for the reminder. I had noticed that "epic fail marriage proposals" and then forgotten about it. I'll watch it. I believe in marriage for the legal reasons, otherwise just being "commited" was fine with me. But neither of us ever proposed. That would have been bizarre after 29 years!

      Delete
  9. He says, "You WILL play!" as sternly as a papal decree - but rather more effectual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raybeard:
      Yep, I always obey Dudo and have never obeyed the Pope.

      Delete
  10. I recall my two cats were fascinated by recently vacated showers and bathtubs. I got out; they got in. I didn't ever see any feline ablutions, only mere sitting as if waiting for something. I never had the nerve to turn on the faucets for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my cats gets in the shower after I get out. Not sure what that's about.

      Delete
    2. Spo:
      Dudo loves walking in a wet shower or tub — and then leaving footprints all over the house. Our old cat Thelma used to sit outside my shower and I would splash water over the glass doors. She loved it. (And then I mopped.)

      Delete
    3. Daniel:
      Our cat Dobie couldn't stand getting his feet wet. Each to their own tastes.

      Delete
  11. Those freakin' scary eyes.....I can't read any more!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron:
      The bathroom is safe at the moment. Dudo is asleep on the sofa.

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!