Sunday, June 15, 2014

Crossing Cows

San Geraldo and I are getting ready for our next visit to the Dowager Duchess and the Kid Brother. We leave tomorrow, Monday (my birthday) and will be there to celebrate the Dowager Duchess's birthday. And, no, we haven't even started packing. But we do have our lists. We also have new clothes. San Geraldo was in desperate need. He only had a few new items and his old shirts all look like mumus and hang down to his knees. Maybe not such a bad thing. Since all his old pants fall down around his ankles, the shirts keep his nether regions from being exposed.

We went to the shopping center, Plaza Mayor, a 25-minute train ride. (Click any image to see big cows... and other things.)

LEAVING THE TRAIN.  SO CONVENIENT.
ENTERING PLAZA MAYOR.
THE ORANGE TREE COURTYARD. 

Jerry's poor sister Linda (the shopping/browsing queen) will be very disappointed (and her husband Tom will be hugely relieved) to learn that when we were there with them in March, we only covered about 5 percent of the shopping center. It's huge! We had a great lunch, a very successful shop... and we saw lots of fiberglass cows.




San Geraldo hit the jackpot. He got three new pairs of shorts, about 10 shirts (polos and v-neck T-shirts) and a new pair of "tennis shoes" (which I call sneakers).

PARKING YOUR BANANA. FRUITY LOTS.

Speaking of what to call things: San Geraldo was updating his packing list this morning while we had coffee downstairs. He pointed to the shorts he was wearing and asked, "What do you call these?"

I said, "Shorts."

"How do you differentiate between these and boxer shorts?"

"I would call boxer shorts underwear. That's what I call my briefs, too."

"Could you call these 'walking shorts'?"

"You could. If you need to differentiate on your packing list between those and your running shorts."

"I'm not bringing any running shorts," he said. "I'll just call them shorts."

Sometimes, San Geraldo's world can be so complicated.





VERY COOL, STATE-OF-THE-ART RESTROOMS. EXCITING, HUH?!?


I did OK, but not as well as San Geraldo. Of course, I don't need as much. I did get myself a few shirts, a jacket, and a pair of NIKE beach sandals (I'm wearing them now). I got one new pair of shorts (walking shorts — not boxers, briefs, or running shorts). We had a great, fresh-tasting lunch. Cheap. A great few hours and home in time to Skype with the Dowager Duchess.

LEAVING THE RESTAURANT, WHILE THE GUY ABOVE CLEANED UP.
HE REMINDED ME A BIT OF THE JEAN PAUL GAULTIER MODEL (BELOW).

28 comments:

  1. Best wishes for your birthday tomorrow and safe travels. DD is no doubt doing her nails now in preparation for your arrival. Oh yes, aren't those hand dryers good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew:
      I love those hand dryers. I was so glad no one walked in to find me with my camera in the mens room.

      Delete
  2. Did you visit the Cathedral

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tynan:
      We didn't have to. We could get beer right there at Plaza Mayor. You'll have to keep that in mind for next time.

      Delete
  3. So, you did great shopping . The shopping centre is nice. Happy Birthday. Have a nice journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia:
      Thanks. So, now no shopping will be done in NYC!

      Delete
  4. All exciting and fun news! And, wow, what a colorful spot to shop :)
    I hope you two have a great trip and that the weather holds out for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy:
      This is my new favorite shopping center. Like being at the park. (And there's beer and ice cream if you want it.)

      Delete
  5. Feliz cumpleanos por manana y seguro viaje - y saludos a tus cortos tambien!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raybeard:
      My shorts send regards back to you! Thanks for everything!

      Delete
  6. How do clothing prices compare between Spain and the US? And what are all those cows for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristi:
      I honestly couldn't tell you how clothing prices compare. We get great deals on some things. Other things are expensive. I wouldn't buy Levi's here (at least 3 times the price), but then that makes sense. We got great deals on very good quality clothing yesterday. I have no idea why the cows.

      Delete
  7. I thought that I got several pairs of shorts this week, but now I'm confused. I'm not sure what I have. :)

    Happy, Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to both you and the Dowager Duchess, I hope you both have a wonderful time... and I must say, she got a wonderful birthday gift the year you were born. =) (The kidling's is on the 25th)
    Safe travels! Can't help but wonder what you'll be getting the kid brother on this trip...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacqueline:
      My mother said I was a Father's Day gift that year. My father said, "Yeah, and she forgot to keep the receipt."

      My mother's birthday is also the 25th! I'll share pictures of the silly little things for the Kid Brother.

      Delete
  9. Hey Mitchell! Happy Birthday tomorrow and have a great visit with the family!
    Now I AM confused about what type of shorts I wear!! THANKS SG! lol
    I'll call them all 'shorts'!
    That shopping centre looks very nice......easy to shop there for hours I bet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      I could have spent hours at the shopping center. Probably better I didn't! Shorts, capris, pedal pushers, clam diggers, boxer shorts, gym shorts, running shorts, cycling shorts, Bermuda shorts, walking shorts, short shorts, board shorts...

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday To You •*♫♪¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Happy ♪•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♫♪ Birthday To You ♫♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♫♪ Happy Happy Birthday to MITCHELL** ♫♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Happy ♫♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♫♪... Birthday ♫♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♫♪... To You ♫♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♫♪... and many more¸¸....•*¨*•♫♪. Enjoy your ...day

    That mall is unreal, so beautiful and look you can be surrounded in cows too. Whoop Whoop ~ for cow lovers right! Have a great trip back home and all the best!!!
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron (and Sophie):
      Thanks for my first musical birthday salute!

      Delete
  11. So like Jack Benny, tomorrow you will once again celebrate your 39th birthday? I hope you have a splendid day. Happy Birthday and wishing you many more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen:
      For the 22nd time. A very strange concept. But thanks!

      Delete
  12. I did not get past the birthday matter ....
    Felicitations on the feast day of your nativity!
    May the next year be your best one yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bon anniversaire, bon voyage, et bon vent !

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want those sun blocks in photos 8 & 9. I am sure our homeowners assn. would gind 15 ways they violate the use restriction but I don't care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HK:
      Those awnings are very common around Southern Spain... in white. They draped different variations of them across pedestrianized shopping streets. Sevilla is filled with them in summer (and it makes the summer heat much more bearable). You've got the same kind of architectural styles. The homeowners assn. should embrace it, don't you think?!?

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!