Sunday, December 17, 2017

A Little Bit Country / Un Poco Del Campo

I TOOK A walk off the beaten path today, leaving the beach behind. I was still in the City of Fuengirola but it's surprising how quickly city becomes country.

DI UN CAMINO de senderos trillados hoy, dejando la playa atrás. Todavía estaba en la ciudad de Fuengirola, pero es sorprendente lo rápido que la ciudad se convierte en campo.


THREE CATS AND A DOG (THAT I COULD SEE). I LIKE THIS HOUSE!
TRES GATOS Y UN PERO (QUE PUDE VER). ¡ME GUSTA ESTA CASA!
A FIXER UPPER?
¿UNA CASA QUE NECESITA ARREGLOS?
ANOTHER HOUSE WITH POSSIBILITIES!
OTRA CASA CON POSIBLIDADES!

LOOKING BACK AT THE COASTLINE.
MIRANDO HACIA ATRÁS EN LA COSTA.

THIS PHOTO CALLED FOR FOR BLACK & WHITE.
ESA FOTO REQUERÍA BLANCO Y NEGRO.
"NOBODY HERE BUT US CHICKENS."
"NO HAY NADIE AQUÍ SALVO NOSOTROS POLLOS."
LIARS! THERE WAS A TURKEY!
¡MENTIROSOS! ¡HABÍA UN PAVO!
WALKING BACK TO THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA.
CAMINANDO DE REGRESSO AL MAR MEDITERRÁNEO.
MOOSE: "DID SOMEONE MENTION TURKEY?!?"
MOOSE: ¿ALGUIEN MENCIONÓ EL PAVO?

29 comments:

  1. Another pretty day in paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the B&W pix. and moose, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anne marie:
      When I looked at that scene, I thought it had to be B&W. Moose is already perfect in B&W.

      Delete
  3. Dudo and Moose would have LOVED the chickens!
    That said,that picture of Moose is purrrrfection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob:
      Knowing Dudo, he probably would have see the chickens and then run and hid.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely area. Hard to believe it is so close to you. Can you show us your walking route on Google Earth? Moose is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks a lot like parts of Southern California. You might consider getting a go-cam and posting videos of your walks on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frank:
      If I had a go-cam, I'd become addicted! And, yes, Southern Spain looks very much like Southern California.

      Delete
  6. You wouldn't do well living in the country. Too far to get to a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra:
      Exactly. I tried once. A 10-minute drive or a 30-minute walk on a country highway with no shoulder to walk on to the nearest restaurant and that was way too far.

      Delete
  7. The church is lovely ....happy Christmas guys x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John:
      Wishing you the same. You are going to have a ball cooking in that beautiful new kitchen.

      Delete
  8. Your blog is an ongoing pleasure for learning Spanish - better than Duolingo and with better photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spo:
      Thanks. I've been told by my Spanish friends that I'm doing a very good job. So, you shouldn't embarrass yourself.

      Delete
  9. I can easily imagine the paradise you and San Geraldo could craft from that fixer-upper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen:
      The first thought I have whenever I see a place like this. Talk about a money pit!

      Delete
  10. Now I have Donny and Marie in my head. Don't know if it's good or bad but I know I love it so... not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt the Fourth:
      I knew I could count on you. Sorry for planting Donny in your head!

      Delete
  11. Beautiful landscape! You are so lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A little bit of paint and 5000 hours of work and labor and it will be looking good

    ReplyDelete
  13. That black and white photo is stunning... well they all are but that one more so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will:
      Thanks so much. That view was meant for B&W.

      Delete
  14. Oh thanks I needed this sojourn today.
    Give Moose a hug and Dudo too!
    R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron:
      Moose isn't big on hugging, so I gave Dudo two.

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!