Tuesday, December 26, 2017

I Eat For The Photos / Yo Como Para Las Fotos

CHRISTMAS DAY DINNER was spent with Judy; and friends Tynan and Elena, and some of their extended family. We went to Casa Castellana and it was exceptional. I explained to the waiter that the only reason I ordered dessert was because I needed a photo. He offered to return the dessert to the kitchen after I took the picture. So very kind. But, oops! I forgot and ate it. What a shame.

LA CENA DEL día de la Navidad se dedicó con Judy; y amigos Tynan y Elena, y algunos de sus familiares. Fuimos a Casa Castellana y fue excepcional. Yo le expliqué al camarero que la única razón por la que pedí el postre fue porque necesitaba una foto. Se ofreció a devolver el postre a la cocina después de que yo hice la foto. Muy amable. Pero, ¡oops! Me olvidé y me lo comí. Qué lástima.

SAN EBENEZER GERALDO THROUGH MY POTENT VODKA.
SAN EBENEZER GERALDO, VISTO A TRAVÉS DE MI VODKA POTENTE.
THE REAL (?) SAN GERALDO AND THE GODDESS ELENA.
EL VERDADERO (?) SAN GERALDO CON LA DIOSA ELENA.
COLD POTATO LEEK SOUP.
SOPA DE PATATA Y PUERRO.
DUCK MIQUIT (LIKE PATÉ) AND PEACH CHUTNEY.
MIQUIT DE PATO Y CHUTNEY DE MELOCOTON.
VEGETABLES WITH AN ONION RIBBON.
VERDURAS CON UNA CINTA  DE CEBOLLA.
STONE-GRILLED BEEF.
CARNE A LA PIEDA.
LETTUCE HEARTS, SAUTEED GULAS (SURIMI EELS), PRAWNS, AND RED PEPPER.
COGOLLOS CON SALTEADO DE GULAS, LANGOSTINOS, Y PIMIENTOS DEL PIQUILLO.
ÁVILA BEEF (FROM ÁVILA PROVINCE).
CARNE ÁVILEÑA.
BAKED SEA BREAM.
DORADA ALA SAL.
CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE, ICE CREAM, AND A BERRY NICE PALM TREE.
TARTA DE LAVA CHOCOLATE CON HELADO.
I ORDERED THIS MILJOHAS  SIMPLY SO I COULD SHARE A PHOTO WITH YOU. YOU'RE WELCOME.
LO PEDÍ ESTE MILHOJAS SIMPLEMENTE PARA COMPARTIR UNA FOTO CONTIGO. DE NADA.

29 comments:

  1. I can see why you ate that lovely dessert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anne marie:
      We saw it delivered to another table and I thought, "I really need a picture of that!"

      Delete
  2. Now I'm hungry for dinner and it's just 8AM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose it's going to be hard for me to find a Milhoja in america

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam:
      As a French pastry, it's called Mille-feuille. I'm sure you can find it in the United States, but I don't know what they might call it in English. (It means "a thousand leaves," because of the layers. The one I had is absolutely nothing like any traditional one I've seen. But I'm not complaining.

      Delete
  4. All very Yummy! Have a great Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Presentation....100%!!
    Photos aren't bad either!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      They do a beautiful job there. I work with what I've got.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Debra:
      Thanks! I was pleased with that. Jerry thought my spoon had fallen off the slate.

      Delete
  7. Your altruism is touching.... suspect but touching none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Judy:
      I know! You're marveling at the fact that I ordered that dessert simply to share a photo with you.

      Delete
  9. I understand completely how desserts are so captivating much like SG & E !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes it does look like an exceptional meal indeed. Love Spain for the quality of its restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurent:
      We have so many options for dining out in this town.

      Delete
  11. The photo of SG and the Goddess is enchanting; so much love pouring out. And you got your just desserts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilma:
      We are so lucky to have Tynan and Elena and their family in our lives. Grateful every time I see them... and even when I don't.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Gosia:
      I don't know why we don't go there more often.

      Delete
  13. You had me until the eels - I would have run screaming from the table lol. Merry Christmas to you and Gerry my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheapchick:
      Those are processed fish made to look like baby eels, because baby eels were so over-fished that they now cost a gazillion dollars a pound (maybe a little less). That was Elena's. But Judy loved it and wants more. Jerry and I had gula once in Sevilla when we first arrived in Spain. Jerry wouldn't even taste it. I did and found it to taste actually very good. HOWEVER, I couldn't get past the sensation of having a mouthful of worms. No more for me, thanks! Wishing you a wonderful 12 days and a very happy new year!

      Delete
  14. The food always looks wonderful. I'd be big as a house if I ate so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen:
      I've managed to not even grow to micro-house size.

      Delete
  15. How you intrigue us with food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frank:
      Strange for someone (me) who has a panic attack when someone shares a recipe.

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!